Wednesday, May 2, 2012

One commute home - two amazing women

I live in Manhattan but I commute to Stamford CT for work. My commute is a good hour and 15 minutes each way and usually I'm so exhausted that I am sleeping or playing on my Ipad. Yesterday, however, I was overly alert and I noticed two amazing women. I just had to share.

The first was a woman in her mid-40s. She was wearing sky-high stilettos and she was carrying a very huge bag of food shopping home. What amazed me more than anything was that even though the bags were clearly heavy and the high heels had to have been very painful she was looked gorgeous, stylish and walked with the lightness of a feather.

 

The second woman was even more amazing. She was riding the subway with her baby. The baby had a big diaper accident and she had to change the baby right then and there! She was traveling alone with no stroller just the baby-bjorn. So this is what she did. She balanced the baby on her knees and proceeded to undress, clean and redress the baby with one hand. Somehow all this only took her 2 subway stops even though the baby was crying and the mess was pretty intense. The most impressive part was watching her face - she was so calm, so sweet to the baby. It would have been so easy for her to loose it, make the baby wait until she got out of the subway or to become embarrassed by her situation but she was none of those things. Cool as a cucumber - amazing!



I felt so empowered to be a woman after meeting these two amazing strangers and to all you multitaskers out there - remember that you are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment