Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Flip Flops? Really?

To date I have prided myself on keeping this blog positive. Believe me when I tell you, a ton of my readers would rather see me a blog about all the unfortunately dressed people in the office instead of the well-dressed ones (they claim its more fun).

Anyway, I don’t know if its the volatile markets, the midterm that I have this week or the cold that I have in the middle of 100 degree weather but I have been driven to negativity.

I have been seeing a lot of this in the office and frankly its just unacceptable!


Even if open toe shoes are exceptable in your office, flip flops should be forbidden.

And here is why:
1. Heels make your legs look longer and leaner (especially when you wear knee length skirts). Flip flops do absolutely nothing for your legs. In fact I personally think they make them look shorter.
2. They don’t match! A pencil skirt and flip flops do not a pair make. Same thing with pants!
3. It is just as important to have coworkers respect you as it is to have clients/ senior managers respect you. Would you wear these to a client meeting? I didn’t think so!

I prefer close-toe shoes at work but if you have the flexibility to wear open-toe shoes here are some professional options:

Antonio Melani Peep Toe $79 @ http://www.dillards.com/

BCBG Peep Toe: $99 @ http://www.dillards.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment