Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sex and The City at Work? Part 3: Miranda!!!


Many women working on Wall Street can relate to Miranda’s drive and work ethic.  As an NYU freshman invisioning my first big Wall Street job, I expected to have Miranda’s fancy life: the designer clothes, shoes, bags and non-stop club hopping with the girls. Boy was I wrong!

Years later, as I schlepped myself to the trading floor at 5 in the morning and as my girlfriends slaved away in investments banking “bull pens”, we continued to marvel at Miranda’s ability to party all night, work all day and still look that good (investment banks seriously should consider having a makeup crew on hand).
To those of you who figured out Miranda’s secret, ex the makeup crew, please fill me in!

In SATC2, Miranda faces the dreaded sexist boss yet she refuses to fold. Her work outfits are gorgeously tailored and yet very feminine.  I used her as an inspiration for this look. Check it out!


I find that many of us at work tend to choose structured sheaths and shy away from draped dresses. Its time to bring on The Drape!  This Jones NY dress has a work appropriate neckline yet still has all the elements of Miranda’s dress. The draped skirt and the cinched in waist compliment the body and show off a trend.
I’ll be honest though, my favorite thing about this dress is how easy it is! No jewelry necessary, just through it on and go!
Tomorrow, I have saved the best for last!!! The great Carrie Bradshaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment