Thursday, July 1, 2010

MBA Doesn’t Stand For: Masculine, Boxy and Asexual


Yesterday I started a new semester in my part-time MBA program. I always enjoy the first class, its kinda of fun getting to know a new professor. Most of my professors have really impressive resumes with loads of published research and consulting work. The professor for this class is no exception but she is also tall and slim with excellent bone structure. None of her positive physical features, however, were accented, in fact her shapeless black suit and blue button down were a complete snooze.

There are so many fun option for  ”suiting up.” Yes thats right, you heard me correctly, I love Barney Stinson (How I Met Your Mother) and have adopted some of his vocabulary. Anyway, back to suiting up.

Naturally, a black suit is a must on Wall Street. But if you are going to do it, do it right! Here are my two favorite looks.

#1: The Sexy Professional on a Budget: Victoria’s Secret Body at Work Essentials

Everything about this look screams I am powerful and I am beautiful. You can’t go wrong with that combination.

#2: The Luxurious Armani Suit - One of these days I will treat myself to this luxury

I love that the jacket doesn’t have a lapel and the wide band across the waist can help accentual a small waist.

No matter how much you spent and who the designer is remember that Fit Is King (or Queen :) so make sure you take the time to visit your tailor and customize the suit to fit your body

What kind of suits do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment