Monday, July 5, 2010

Sex and the City at Work?


I must have been the last fashion lover out there who still hadn’t seen Sex and the City 2. So on Friday, before making my way to the beach for the July 4th weekend I made a pit stop at the movies. I knew that the SATC outfits have been driving trends since filming began. However, most of them were so outrageous that I feared few trends could be brought over to the work place. I was thrilled to be wrong!
This week is going to be devoted to the girls of SATC! Or should I say Menopausal Divas?

Today we start with Samantha!

You might be surprised to hear this, but one of Samantha’s outfits can be transformed into the perfect Wall Street Style uniform. Check this out!


This Jones New York dress is almost a replica of Samatha’s dress. It has a work appropriate neck line and I am sure is at a faction of the cost. What makes the outfit are the accessories. Cole Haan makes this amazing snake-skin bag which I have been lusting after for weeks (hint hint to my hubby who is hopefully reading this). The bag looks so similar to Samantha’s that I’m starting to wonder if in fact it isn’t the same one.

To me, this outfit is classic but a bit predictable. I’d spice it up with some color. Maybe add a chunky coral necklace and bangles or bright turquoise earrings like these by Kenneth Jay Lane.


Thanks slutty Samantha for the inspiration!

Stay tuned, tomorrow I will show you how to transform Charlotte’s red & white striped cocktail dressing into an outfit for Thursday’s big meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment